I really like, or love, naps these days. I used to be the type of person who needed to wake up with the sun and get as much done everyday as possible. Zero naps. Saturday I pretty much napped on the couch until around 3pm. Obviously, things have changed a little.
I’m fine with it.
Living alone is kind of funny because I do the weirdest things now that have me convinced that any potential roommates would just be a terrible idea. Sometimes I sleep on the couch because I don’t want the dog in my clean bed. I don’t do the dishes everyday. I practice yoga in my kitchen randomly while I’m waiting for food to cook or to distract myself from mindlessly snacking on whatever I find. I’m terrible at doing laundry and there is almost always a basket of clean clothes on my dryer. My washer and dryer are on the 1st floor, my shower & bedroom on the 2nd. You do the math.
I think I have a history of never blogging on the weekends because I’m
busy lazy so I’m going to try out just making lists every weekend instead. I love lists.
Highs from this week:
1. The Olympics. Mainly the opening ceremony, but still, I love watching all of it even if I have no idea whats going on.
2. Date night. I think that for a while, I was dealt a really shitty hand at life but the fact that I came out of it with a really fantastic guy who can make me forget a terrible week makes everything worth it. Simply put, I’m so happy.
3. Vegetables! Eric brought me a whole bundle of fresh veggies and considering I lived off of cereal last week, I’m pretty excited about them.
4. Random Yapple date with Christy. You eat vegetables for dinner, you get froyo for dessert. Balance.
5. Beating the smartest person I know in a game of Scrabble.
Lows from this week:
1. The great house flood of 2012. That is all.
2. Realizing that you are out of body wash after you get in the shower.
3. Feeling helpless.
4. Not having a normal bedtime because I’m too busy breaking out in hives for no apparent reason.
5. Losing in Songpop. WHY IS THIS GAME SO HARD FOR ME!?